Saturday 7 January 2012

Hello

Hi, this year my resolution is to make something every week. Two years ago I started knitting and I have made a few things which I have been pleased with - but I am slooow. This developed into sewing and I am even taking a class, but I became concerned that I am more in love with the ideas rather than the doing. So in an attempt to encourage me I am starting this blog to chart my progress of doing rather than dreaming. I recieved so many lovely books that are chock full of inspiration this Christmas and so I am adopting a use it or lose it policy.


My first finished project is this embroidery hoop art inspired by the The Busy Girl's Guide to Sewing: Unlock Your Inner Sewing Goddess: Projects, Advice and Inspiration for a Creative Lifestyle. These are the goodies I bought last weekend and a local vintage fair. 
I am quite pleased with this if I do say so myself, and I am now in the process of finishing a second one dor my daughter's room.



2 comments:

  1. Hey there - I found your blog via Planet Penny. These embroidery hoops are beautiful - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment. Have had a squizz at your blog and totally agree with you about Kirstie's book. I got it as a present, to myeself...

    ReplyDelete